Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Go D-backs!



So yesterday a friend gave Marty & me and Jeff & Jana these awesome box seat tickets to the Diamondbacks game. It was SO fun! It was a good game, too. The Dbacks scored SIX runs in the first TWO innings and killed the Rockies.

A "storm" rolled in, too. So even though you can't see it, I am actually wearing a SWEATER. That's right, on MAY 13th. It felt SO good, and I was excited to be at Chase Field with the top open.


Do you think Jeff and Jana had fun, too? Jeff was SO ready to catch a fly ball.
He wants to be a pitcher just like Randy Johnson when he grows up.
I looked all over to try to find the profile picture of the pitcher where he is holding his glove over his face and looking very mysterious, but that's all right - Jeff got the pose just about right.

And the BEST part of the evening?
I smell a bacon chalupa....
A couple of days ago Marty and I went to Taco Bell and saw a sign saying that when the Dbacks score 8 runs you get a free chalupa. So Marty and I were all excited because we were planning to go to a game this weekend anyway, but 8 runs in a game is hard right? But the D-backs pulled through for us, baby! At the game there was the funniest guy they kept showing on camera with a huge sign saying, "I smell bacon chalupa" and he was rubbing his belly and...I guess you just had to be there, but I got a good laugh over it. Nevermind the like 250 bucks our friend gave us in free tickets and parking, the best freebie of the night is that coupon you see there, worth like...a dollar....?

7 comments:

Tiffany Matthews said...

How nice free game and we won and fre taco bell. Thanks the best

Jana said...

Wow, you guys are so lucky to have such good-looking best friends! Do you pay them to hang out with you or something?

Helen said...

Sounds like fun! Take a look at www.uaf.edu/lars/calving.html
You can see pictures of this years baby muskox which are just about the cutest things ever. Click on the pictures to enlarge them. There are newborn caribou too. They will be a bit bigger when you visit but still will make your heart and stomach get all squishy. Since Uncle Justin works there Brynn will probably get a backstage tour and maybe get to help feed some.

Ashley said...

Lucky kids! I am not really a Taco Bell eater but that ad looks really inticing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, this is Nicole (Lyman) Wakefield. I found your blog through google (that sounds weird, sorry) and wanted to say hi. Your little girl is adorable! I am glad to see you guys are doing well.

David & Jessica said...

Emily- I have a blog now, not alot is on it yet but I just wanted to say that yours is sooo cute and your family is even cuter!

Logan & Lindy said...

OK I CANT FIND YOUR PHONE NUMBER!!! I need to talk to you about the play group tomorrow. I dont think I can go!!! Call me!!!