Friday, February 15, 2008

A Good Day



Brynn wants to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day!


I love Marty!!! He's just...perfect! You know how when you're dating, you kind of evaluate whether or not guys are "your type?" Well, Marty is just my type of guy! I love him SO much! He really knows how to make things special for me without blowing our whole savings account which we have both worked hard for!


Anyway...

Here is Brynn eating the famous heart-shaped pizza! When Marty and I were first dating, he sent a heart-shaped pizza to my office and then recruited one of my friends to make sure that I would wait there while the pizza came. The poor girl. When it finally did come, I was like, "Oh no, that's for the other Emily. Well, see ya, I'm off to class!" So she finally had to blow the surprise and just tell me that Marty sent me a pizza. And he's done it every year since - this is pizza number four for me. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to find a place that just sells heart shaped pizzas all day on Valentine's in AZ, so he's had to just beg random pizza places to do it. He said it was a little embarrassing this year - I guess the driver was the one who ended up cutting into a heart this year! But Valentine's Day wouldn't be the same without it! So thanks Marty!

I thought I got a picture of the pizza, but I guess I only got one of Brynn eating it (go figure).

Also a tradition for us is a red rose and Choxie chocolates - my absolute favorite thing in the world.



And Marty got a Valentine's Day balloon for our little spoiled sweetie. She won't even put it down long enough to eat. :)


I was kind of lame this year! I actually worked really hard on this professional cake (I thought) that...sort of turned out. But of course Marty was appreciative!
I had been saying for a long time that I wanted to go to Oregano's for dinner on Valentine's Day, but I didn't want to wait for like four hours, so I kind of blew off that idea, and we decided to do a picnic instead. We have this really cute heart -shaped picnic basket with our names monogramed on everything and fancy wine glasses, etc. (we got it for our wedding), so I got it down and Marty said he would be in charge of food.

We drove for a while and he wouldn't tell me where we were going...it was a SURPRISE, which I love. And we pulled up...drum roll please...at Carl's Jr. I was like, "oh.............GREAT! HOORAY...uh....that's WONDERFUL Marty...." And then he drove right through the parking lot and back onto the road. "Just kidding!" But later he pulled into the Oregano's parking lot! I guess he called ahead at like noon to have the food ready at 6:15 for pickup. I didn't even know you could do that! I love that boy. :)

We took it to Freestone Park and had a nice little picnic and then walked around the lake and the little waterfall, and I thought it was romantic. :) Sigh.....I love Marty.

After that we took advantage of the fact that we had a baby-sitter and we hung out in the hot tub for a while, which is something we've been wanting to do for forever, but we always have Brynn with us so we haven't. I'm not gonna lie though, it was pretty cold when we got out!

Well, that was our 3rd Valentine's Day as a married couple, and I can't wait for sixty or seventy more with Marty! Have I mentioned that I love him?




This picture is just a walk down memory lane. It was our first Valentine's Day we ever spent together. We got all dressed up in formals with a bunch of friends, the guys made a nice dinner for us, then we went to a ward dance...a very casual ward dance. :) Yes, we stood out just a little.

Now the bad news: I took Brynn to the doctor today because it's been over a week now and she has still been coughing a lot. Well, apparently she has croup, AND a sinus infection, AND she is just developing an ear infection. She is our brave little girl - she has been so good through it all! We got some anti-biotics for her and I think she should be feeling much better soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhhh, that is sooo sweet. I'm sorry Brynn isn't feeling well though. I am glad you guys had so much fun.

Velika said...

Isn't it great to have a sweetie for a hubby?!
Hey, I was looking in my book from the American Acadamy of Pediatrics and thinking about you, so I looked up croup (sp?) and they suggested humidifiers and when she gets coughing really bad to take her into the bathroom, turn on a really hot shower and just sit in the bathroom with the steam for about 15-20 minutes. I hope she gets better soon, good luck!

Marty and Emily said...

Velika, you are seriously the most thoughtful person in the world! Thanks, I'll try that!