Monday, February 11, 2008

All better

Wow, it's been quite a while since my last update. When that happens, it's usually because I have some daunting task ahead of me (like posting holiday pictures) that I am procrastinating. This time it's just because we've had sickness running through our family and I think everyone is finally over it.
Luckily, I was sick before Brynn this time so at least I knew what she was going through. There she is on the couch eating a rice cake and watching her Barney DVD. It's still strange for me to see her just sitting there on the couch because she usually doesn't sit anywhere for more than about 5 seconds. But that is where she spent quite a lot of Thursday and Friday.




Fortunately, she is feeling much better now! We had a beautiful day here in Mesa and Brynn was pretty excited to get out of our stuffy house.




Tonight for Family Home Evening we played a game that I guess Marty got from Jeff and Jana called, "Does it Float?" Originally it went with a lesson about tithing, but I don't really think Marty cared about the origins. The kid in him really came out and he got SO excited to play! I went along with it but was very pleasantly surprised to see how much Brynn loved it! It was so cute to see her poke her little head above the bucket and peer in curiously to see the outcome. There are a few items we tested for float-ability.


And our lovely bucket full of water in the dark.

Our lesson was to learn about our NEW PROPHET!!! President Thomas S. Monson, whom we love and sustain. We tried and tried to get Brynn to at least attempt to say "Monson," but she was feeling pretty rebelious tonight.


Other than that, there is not much else I can think of to report. That may be a good thing...I'm sure I'll let you all in on the next disaster that an 18 pound, walking, light-of-our-lives causes in our house.

1 comment:

Jana said...

AAAWWW, Brynnie on the couch...that is so cute and so sad! But she is SO cute in that outside picture putting her hat on! She is ready to GO!
After we first played the floating game, every FHE we'd ask Emma what we should do and she'd say, "do floating!" But she was 3, and Brynn is 1, so that probably won't happen to you.