Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our really random Fall

Brynn right before a birthday party.  This girl and her poses.


This picture is a funny story, and I can't believe it's almost all I have to show for Marty's amazing birthday.  His brothers and family and Dad drove down from Utah on Labor day weekend (Marty's birthday) to SURPRISE him.  I was in charge of keeping it secret and getting him out for a little while the day they came.  Well, Marty was IMPOSSIBLE.  Seriously, I had no idea how STUBBORN he could be.  Long story short, we were gone much later that day than we should have been and his family had to break in through the back window and wait around for us.  But the look on Marty's face when he saw them all in his house was so priceless.  I honestly was worried he was going to pass out, he was so shocked.  Anyway, we had a wonderful time and I am so grateful they were all able to come out for a few short days for Marty's big 30th.  
Here are the kids with the cousins, 

 And games with the Johnson boys.
 I told you this was random.  This is our new temple wall.  I made the frames with scrapbook paper and black paint. Marty and I visited a whole bunch of temples on our honeymoon and loved it so much that we decided that whenever we travel anywhere we'd make sure to see any temples that are around.  So, finally six years later we got all of our pictures together and ta-dum!  There are a few prints I'm missing, but if we find those, we'll be able to expand it even more!
 Speaking of temples, we've been taking the kids to the new Gilbert temple periodically and taking pictures to document the growth of the temple and the kids. 
 Oh, HEY!  Remember how this was the hottest August on record for Arizona?  And I was lucky enough to be pregnant for it?  And I thought the summer was NEVER going to END?  And now it's November and FINALLY beginning to cool off?  Just wanted to make sure you know how triumphant this picture is of us finally outside and enjoying the weather.
 Oh, this is cute.  Brynn picked up the idea of a field journal from a movie and decided she HAD to have a field journal to record her observations in.  Then we called Uncle Corey who has real life experience with field journals and she's been even more determined.  Brynn can stick with something for so long and work at it so determinedly.  (new word?)  Her last picture was labeled "I see mi cran box."  I love trying to interpret four year old chicken scratch.
 Two playful kids I can't get enough of.  True story:  this is the infamous Buzz Lightyear suction cup that my very strong two year old used to pull the entire TV off the entertainment center.  Have to keep an eye on this one.
 Constantly dancing.

 Brynnie-Pie's first piano recital!  It was just a simple five finger pattern I let her do before my other students performed.  But I think she was pretty cute.

And I'll leave you with this hideous belly picture courtesy of  Brynn.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I love your temple wall!! What a fabulous idea! It looks great!