Monday, November 28, 2011

Last thoughts...

Well, this is it.  By tomorrow I should be holding the most heavenly thing I ever get to touch.  I am so ready and excited to welcome the newest member of our eternal family.  I wanted to write down a few last thoughts on the pregnancy, but now that I get here, all I can think about is how badly I just want my baby! 

The kids have been so excited.  I've been kind of surprised at how well Bryce seems to understand what's going on.  He's been asking me most days if the baby was ready to come out.  About a month ago I was laying on the back and all of a sudden felt a sharp pain in my stomach.  I look down and Bryce is trying to shove a half eaten pretzel in my belly button.  I asked him what in the WORLD he was doing and he said, "I giving the baby a nack (snack)."  He kisses my belly all the time and I just think he's excited.

Brynn has been excited also, although the last few days she seems like she's been developing some serious anxiety over the whole thing.  Last night we had a long talk about what it was going to be like when we went to the hospital and when we came home, etc.  We told her we knew she was going to be such a good big sister and we were so proud of her and she started getting really emotional and trying not to cry.  I couldn't figure out if it was because she was worried or really excited or what.  I think maybe she just understands the depth of the situation and got a little overwhelmed emotionally, just like I have the last day or two.   This is a big deal!

Marty is SOOOO baby hungry!  He mentions being baby hungry multiple times a day and has started randomly stealing babies in church and from our friends.  He is the cutest daddy.  I can't wait to see him silly with a baby again. 

As for me, I just need to be DONE with this pregnancy.  It's been rough.  Worth it, but rough.  I know Brynn is ready to have her mom back. The other day she said she was going to have daddy cut off all my hair so that I would look like a boy so that I couldn't have a baby in my tummy again.  That was kind of hard to listen to.  She's been a total trooper, though.  Very patient and helpful, but she's ready for the whole thing to be over with, too. This is the first time we will have left for the hospital not being sure about a name.  We're close, I just need to see him first to be sure. 

1 comment:

AmbertheGreat said...

so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everything went well with the delviery and I can't wait to see pictures of the new little guy