Friday, July 22, 2011

Rambling baby details, as promised

Ok, so I'm 20 weeks and 4 days. Early in the pregnancy I had a couple of ultra-sounds because of hemorrhages (which is all totally fine now), and one showed my due date at December 5th, the other showed it at November 28th, but we stuck with the December date because it was the first ultra-sound. However at my appointment yesterday my OB said I was measuring a little big, so who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if I was a little farther along right now because of how quickly I felt morning sick. You see, rambling? But basically, so far, so good on all counts.

I can't believe I'm already half way through! This pregnancy is the first time I've been able to say that, meaning this has for sure been the easiest first half I've had. Not that it's been much fun, but I'll TAKE it! Through the first trimester, I felt sick 100% of the time, but I just took my Zofran and had much less puking. Then the nausea has slowly declined to what it is right now. Now and again I feel like I'm going to throw up, but never do. The fatigue has been milder than the other two pregnancies, too. It actually wasn't every day that I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. However, I do still crash at 8:30 at night. Literally, that's when I like to be in bed. :) I get endless teasing from my night-owl husband about that one.

What else?

Well, I have my 20 week ultra-sound TODAY!!! This afternoon! When people ask what I hope the baby is...I don't know, I hope for both (NOT meaning twins). It would be really convenient to have a girl since Brynn was a December baby and Bryce was a summer baby, so the clothes would work out way better. But that's obviously minor when I'm considering the perspective of another eternal family member coming into our home. :) I also hope for a boy though, because Bryce needs that. Brynn is girl enough for 10 girls. There is quite enough estrogen in this house. I would love to see Bryce get rough-and-tumble with a brother. But apparently, we don't need the ultra-sound. Brynn is totally and completely convinced it's a boy. We keep asking her things like, "Don't you think it would be fun to play dolls with a sister, or dress up with a sister?" And she says, "Yeah, but it's NOT a sister though, it's a brother." And then if we push too hard she gets mad. To be honest, I just keep thinking of this baby as a boy because, let's face it, my four year old is more spiritual than I am. :) I think more than anything, I just want to know if Brynn's right!!

I'm not sure how much Bryce understands. He points to my belly and says "Baby in Mommy's tummy!" He has started diapering all the baby dolls in the house, so who knows. Maybe he comprehends more than I think. He's already the same age Brynn was when he was born. We were actually trying to close the age gap, not widen it, but the Lord has his timing and we have ours, and I can't complain. I have learned to not only trust, but love His time table, even if I become impatient at times. I'm remembering how much I loved having a baby at Christmas time. Even though they'll probably resent me for a Christmas time birthday later. Speaking of which, with TWO December birthdays now (plus Christmases for everyone), that month is going to be pretty hard on our pocketbook, but I just heard the best idea. A friend of mine has this system that they use for Christmas presents: A want, a need, a wear, a read. And that's that. Simple. I love it, but we'll see if my will-power holds out as I do love to spoil my kids. Send me some good, "You can do it!" vibes.

Hmmm....yep, that's enough rambling for now.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Another abrupt ending! I love it. I really liked when you pointed that out in the other one, by the way. I'm glad you love your pregnancy even though it actually sucks.