Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Letter to Arizona #2:

Dear Arizona:

Don't be hating. I promise I still love you. I'm planted here for as long as you'll have me. I am so over your heat. Even being pregnant in July, I'm over it. You gave us a beautiful Spring, after all. You have the BEST people in the world residing here. I am a happy camper and excited to raise my kids here. But Arizona, I have a quickly growing beef with you, and it is this: please stop being so ugly (not you, Grand Canyon). If you have any complaints with this, take it up with Durango. I spent 4 beautiful days there in the pine, and around the (REAL) mountains, lakes, and rivers. I took nature walks in the GREEN, which is everywhere. It even smelled pretty.

You may also take my complaints up with Utah. In your attacks, you may specifically target the soft grass, Spanish Fork's nature trails, the Wasatch Mountains, Arches National Park, and Goblin Valley. And...everywhere else in the state.

I mean it Arizona, if you can't find a nice, quiet, pretty place for me to take a walk with my family I'm out. Just to prove I'm serious, Marty and I looked up real estate in St. George, and THAT city is my new paradise. I know, it could never happen any time soon. But I hope you feel sufficiently threatened.

I'll tell you one thing - you beat Farmington and Ship Rock, NM.

Still yours lovingly,

Emily

1 comment:

Jana said...

I think you can add Las Vegas to that list at the end. I see you have the same beef with this state as I do. Try being a photographer here, sheesh. It's ridiculous. I have kind of hateful feelings for AZ right now, after being in the extremely green midwest. And this after I'd made my peace with the heat in exchange for being in a big girl house. But now I'm trying to think of what kind of dramatic things we can tell Bert to force a move out of these people.