Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting trunky

Spring break starts next week - can't wait! We aren't traveling anywhere this year, but Marty is still going to take a few days off. Often we spend his time off in UT, so I'm excited to have a few days just for our little family this time. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do:


  • I know we'll go camping at some point
  • Go to a drive-in movie theater (if we can find a movie we actually want to see)
  • Spend a lot of time at the temple
  • Host a couple of dinner parties (Hm, lovely weather, one should be a BBQ)
  • Maybe go to the zoo
  • Maybe the children's museum
  • Go on a lunch date
  • Use our National Parks Pass somewhere close (Saguaro?)
  • Pick a night to stay up late with my hubbie. When we first got married, whenever we had a break from classes we'd stay up all night long and play games and watch movies and sometimes eat some indulgent treat or late-night snack. Now we both get up SUPER early, and therefore go to bed SUPER early. It's not a big deal for me because I'm a born morning person (THANKS a lot, Dad), but I know Marty misses being a night owl.
  • Get a few projects done around the house (hang some pictures, clean out the "junk room," decorate our bedroom a little more - I have stuff, I just have to figure out what to do with it)
  • READ. Read whatever I want, read with the kids, reading lessons with Brynn, get caught up on my Book of Mormon reading (my beehives and I are trying to finish before girl's camp and I have been passed by a couple of girls! I need to hurry up!).

Well, that's certainly the to-do list of a yellow personality, isn't it? I know we can't (afford to) do all of them, but I want to do at least a few. What are you doing over Spring break?

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Almost all of those things are on my list of things to do too :) We were thinking about going to Sea World then, but we are going to wait until May. I {heart} Spring Break!

Unknown said...

JJO and I call turning off the phone, locking the door, closing the curtains, wearing sweatpants, eating junk food and watching movies "Gettin' Busy".

Jana said...

I'm excited to hear what you did! Call us sometime for a drive-in movie family date if there's a good one there! Even though Blake might be awful...