Friday, March 11, 2011

the first day of our new routine

Today was mostly out of needing something to do on a Friday. In the "spring" (in quotation marks because April and May feel more like summer than spring), we visit Schnepf Farms once or twice a week. We get there really early in the morning and enjoy quiet park and cool breeze.



We see the peacocks,



and the other animals. Here's Brynn with the "cuuuuuuute baby goat!!!!"


We didn't get around to picking peaches this time. Next time, though. I'm craving a peach smoothie.

Then this afternoon it wasn't super hot, but we were really bored. That's why, when I was trying to wait until as LATE as I could in the season, I gave in and we ran through the sprinklers. I made it until March 11th. Lame. Now that they remember playing in the water is an option: Hellooooo 3 a day baths, 3 a week bathtub scrubs, mud and grass all over the kitchen floor, muddy clothes all over the back porch, etc. For the UT friends and fam, it's akin to the mess that's left every day from kids playing out in the snow. Not that it's like you don't run through the sprinklers, maybe just not for 6 months strait. I grow weary of it quickly. What is WRONG with me today, Grumpy?


Swinging in the sprinklers
Hm. Guess he doesn't quite fit into the 2T swim trunks.

Ugh...

Better!!!
I suppose in celebration of our warm day I should make some chicken salad sandwiches....

2 comments:

David & Jessica said...

can I just tell you how insanely jealous I am about this new routine! I need to move to Arizona... I just need to convince the hubby that he needs to too!

Jana said...

I was thinking about that yesterday...but we don't have grass yet. We're getting closer, though....today Jeff ripped up the ground with the rotor tiller so we can seed it soon! Woot! And seriously...March is not supposed to be summer. I turned on the AC for an hour the other day. So. Rude.