Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Father and Son Campout

My very brave husband took Bryce to the Father and Son campout last weekend, and they both had a blast. I hear Bryce did great, slept perfectly at night, and enjoyed himself.





Sadly, I have no pictures to remember my Mommy-Daughter weekend, but let's just call it blissful. I love spoiling that little sweetie. She'll say "thank you" 10 times for the smallest thing, like a pair of 3 dollar flip flops that we got at the "princess store" (meaning the Disney Store at San Tan Village). We shopped around a while at the mall, she played at the little park there, we got some food (which is the second time in a row I've been disappointed by Sbarro's), then came home and put a movie on Marty's laptop and snuggled in "mommy's bed" until it was way past her bedtime. Then I read all night long and finished reading "The Lost Symbol," which is not my favorite Dan Brown book. The next morning we read, read, read together, then played, played, played together, had a tea party, saw "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeak-quel" at the two dollar theater, and somehow managed to give the house (including my sadly neglected bathroom) a good cleaning. It is AMAZING what you can get done without a mommy's boy baby. However, I was definitely ready to have him back Saturday evening. I missed his wrinkled-nose smiles and huge hugs. Good weekend.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! It wasn't my favorite book either. I got to the end and ended up being really disappointed.