Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blessing Bryce







We were absolutely, no-matter-what, going to put down our roots here in AZ and bless Bryce in our current ward. But since we were going to be in Utah on the fast Sunday when we were planning on blessing him anyway, and we really wanted Bryce's grandpa's (who he is named after) in the circle, we finally backed down and decided to do it in my old home ward. It was a beautiful, special, and emotional occasion for us. A truly wonderful day. Very sadly, my mom's camera was stolen, which is the camera I used for the blessing. But luckily Christy was snapping some pictures and sent them to me.



In case you are wondering, here is the scoop on Bryce's name. Right after Marty and I got married and before we were thinking too much about kids, we started discussing baby names. Marty mentioned that he'd like to have a boy named after his dad, Neil, but Neil doesn't like his name and wasn't too into the idea of one of his grand-kids being named Neil. Now Neil spent years working at Bryce Canyon, and they were absolutely wonderful, and Bryce Canyon is basically a sacred place to Neil. So Marty said he'd like to name a boy Bryce, after his dad (in a round about way). Anyway, the second Marty said that, I realized that I LOOOOVE the name Bryce, and that I REALLY wanted to name a boy Bryce. The only time we questioned that name was when we got pregnant with a girl first and decided we wanted to name her Brynn (my middle name). We weren't sure if we wanted to have two "Bry" names in a row...but heck, we liked both the names, and...those are just THEIR names, ya know? And then his middle name, Allan, is after my dad. So Bryce is named after both of his grandpas, just like Marty is! Whew, the end!

1 comment:

Haylee Abney said...

Im sad we missed Bryce's blessing but that's good you got to be with your family!! I looovvve the names bryce and brynn!!! i think it's so cute that they're both bry- names. And i love the fact that brynn is your middle name and you used it! maybe if i liked my middle name a little more I would use it when I have kids..but..we'll see. haha.