Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Monday....
















It kind of seems like I used to hate Monday. It's true, I don't have any Monday research paper deadlines following me around anymore, but it's still back to the grind. After a nice long weekend full of Marty-time, I miss him on Monday when he goes back to work, and so does Brynn. But I just don't dread Mondays like I used to. In some ways being a mom is difficult and exhausting, but then other times it doesn't seem like work at all. I love taking Brynn for walks to check the mail, watching her splash in the bathtub, I really don't even mind changing her diaper (even 2 yr old bottoms are SWEET!). Well, this is me talking on a good day, I'm sure one day this week I'll change my tune and start complaining to anyone who will listen.
I think another reason I look forward to Monday is because we are having SO much fun with Family Home Evening! I love that Brynn is starting to understand some gospel concepts, and she is so eager for every part of FHE. If anyone with toddlers or young kids hasn't seen the new nursery manual, "Behold, Your Little Ones," you have GOT to check it out online. They basically outline everything you need to do for a lesson, including songs and activities. Brynn is usually as interested in the lesson as she is in the games (last night it was the "pokey pokey" - hokey pokey) and treat.
Speaking of which, we had a pretty fun treat last night - we were actually able to sort of combine the treat and game thanks to our new "Wacky Snack!" Yesterday when I checked the mail, Brynn had a present from her Aunt and Uncle - thanks guys! We had so much fun!
Basically, you shoot popcorn from the catapult to the basket
"Where'd it go?"

1 comment:

Jana said...

I am so in love with the new nursery manual. When it came out and I first looked through it, my first thought was "This is SO inspired!" I may have had tears in my eyes looking through it, and I showed it off at PEC. I second what you said about using it for FHE, but not only for toddlers--older kids can use it to GIVE lessons since they're nice and simple! Emma's given us a couple lessons from it. Dang cute.
I think I'm an every-other-monday-hater or something. Sometimes I get up and can't make myself do aNYthIng, others I pop out of bed and get my groove on. (That doesn't mean I dance, though I might if you asked me to...) I just mean I'm all refreshed from the weekend and ZING I get all sorts of things done.