Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ok, ok, I'm FLYing already...

Does anybody know who this lady is?
Trick question, you all know because you have all been hounding me to try this house-keeping method. The conversation usually goes something like this,
Well-meaning Friend: No really, you HAVE to try this method!
Me: No really, my life is routine enough without adding a stopwatch to it, thanks.
Well, recently we had an enrichment night about house-keeping and went into depth about the FLY lady method, which is where I REALLY discovered that I am the only one not doing it. So I finally broke down, studied it, and implimented it. The results? My house has never, ever been cleaner, especially for such long periods at a time. The last couple of days have been really busy ones and I let my routine go. Already I have noticed the house go downhill quick. But as long as I am in the very simple routine, the house is completely not overwhelming and easy to keep clean. So, thank you to all of my well-meaning friends and sorry about the abrupt "no's" I have given when this suggestion comes up in conversation. You were right, I was wrong.
By the way, if anyone wants to try it out, you can go to http://www.flylady.net/
On to other business...
Today is a sad day for me. I am now in the fun, last-trimester I-have-heartburn-so-bad-I-cry-at-night phase. So today, I give my farewell to chocolate.
Oh chocolate, why'd ya have to go and give me such bad heartburn? It was only a half a pan of brownies, that's all! You've always been there for me, and I will miss our relationship. Parting is such sweet sorrow, but we WILL meet again (when the baby is a little older and you can no longer hurt him either).
ALL my love,
Emily
Oh, the other reason to ban chocolate?
Um, yeah. I still have until the end of April, people. Yikes. Marty agrees that this is pretty much what I looked like at EIGHT and a half or NINE MONTHS along with Brynn. You mommies out there, isn't it alarming to watch your body do this?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to check out the fly lady! I've never heard of it but with full-time work and full-time school I need all the help I can get.

And please, you don't look big to me. I've seen MUCH worse. I hope I look as cute as you when I get pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Oh, we have a food blog! Did you get my emial?

Jana said...

You look so stinking CUTE, Emily!! I love it.
So I've tried the FLY lady thing. I believe in it but I haven't done it lately....too lazy I guess...though recently I got on it again and got as far as scrubbing my sink. It really is true that if your sink is clean you're more inclined to clean the rest of your house.
You may give me any chocolate that remains in your house. Except ice cream...it hates me. But other than that, I'll deal with the consequences. Haha.
Are we planning on a tea party sometime?

mcranford said...

Emily, seriously, that is me at 4 months. You are tiny. Don't make me post pictures of when I was pregnant with Peyton!!

Christy said...

FINALLY!! You joined the life of Fly Lady. It's so worth it. When I stay on track it makes life so much happier and easier. It sounds crazy, but it's the truth. Just don't overwhelm yourself by doing too much too fast.

As for the Chocolate... I'm not sad for you. Only because I don't like chocolate. Sorry... I still love you though! ;o)

And the picture. You are still super tiny!! Do you remember what I looked like? You look fabulous! Don't beat yourself up. Just be happy that you're healthy and that the baby is healthy.

Love you guys!!