Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bryce's preschool graduation

This little boy has come a long way.

From last year's Mommy School here
and here.

To this year's formal preschool with Mrs. Hatch.

And now he's "graduated" and all ready for kindergarten!  

During his 3 year old preschool at home he was a challenge.  But I think that's mostly because he needed to be challenged.  Don't get me wrong, I totally loved our year together in Mommy School, but he needed a little something more the next year.  Mrs. Hatch was amazing and seemed to pick right up on his personality and what he needed. Right off the bat he loved going to preschool, but he was pretty annoyed at ever having to color!  But by the end of the school year he was doing first grade homework - and loving it!  I would have him and Brynn do their homework together and if he happened to not have any, he would ask me to make him some.  His reading totally took off.  By Christmas he had read all of the books in the classroom, so for Christmas he got three new sets.  He's always been so smart and determined, I'm so glad he found someone who could understand his personality and train him so well.  Not a single "yellow" day all year!  Ok, I'm done bragging now. :)   







"Bryce, I'm so proud of you!!"  I tell you, I love their relationship.


After the program, Gabe wanted a turn to sit in Bryce's seat with the hat and feel important.


We love you, Mrs. Hatch!
 Toward the end of the year, we couldn't even talk about graduation, or how far Bryce had come because we would both get so weepy!

I am so going to miss riding our bikes to preschool together with the babies in the trailer, and pretending I didn't know where preschool was so that he could be the leader (at his request).  

Congrats, Buddy!

No comments: