Tuesday, May 20, 2014

girls day, fablious/ boys day, arg arg arg

Last weekend was the annual Priesthood commemoration camp-out.  Marty and I both look forward to this each year.  Marty decided to be brave and bring Gabe with him.  I think the more Gabe becomes less of a baby and more of a big kid, the more he realizes when he is missing out on something.  And he's been so emotional lately, we just thought it would be good for him to get out in the mountains with Daddy and Brother.  Marty also "adopted" a couple young men to take up with him, so it was a full van!  Lots of manliness!  Grunting and Whatnot!  I'm ok that I stayed home to do girly things!


Marty and I have been noticing that Bryce tends to do really well with older boys.  They really seem to like him and take them under their wing.  He is a pretty cool little kid...

As usual, Gabe is doing the Gabe thing...
...and feeling pretty special with Bryce.

The boys brought the dump truck and the excavator and they were put to very good use!

Some of the men constructed a zip line.  I've heard stories since then of knock-outs on this thing...

But there is my fearless little Brycer.  He ran over with the big boys to line up with out any hesitation.





Back at home, Brynnie and I watched a fairy movie that night and had a fairy tea-party the next morning, complete with ladybug cookies which she made all by herself.


I played piano for her while she sang her little heart out.  Eventually I got to work and she asked what she could be doing.  I told her to go play with something she loves that might be hard when the boys are around.

So the princesses took over the Bat Cave.  And that's how she pretty much spent Saturday!  I spent a lot of time catching up on things and loving on Millie.  It was a really nice weekend.  And quiet!  Brynn kept mentioning how quiet our house was, like every couple of hours it surprised her all over again!  The quiet was good for one morning, but I was happy to have the boys back in the house - dirty and stinky and all!

No comments: