Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gabe's hoarding

Gabe makes me laugh.  He hoards stuff.  I guess that's the skill of a third child - he's just staking his claim.  Lately I've gotten such a kick out of him hoarding balls that I took a bunch of pictures of it.  Seems like a random thing to post so many pictures of when I haven't even blogged Halloween, but...moving on.

Gabe loves balls.  He doesn't say much, but "football" and "baseball" are among his most frequently used words.  I think I mentioned putting the basketball hoop in his room, and his excitement over it hasn't diminished.  It seems like anytime we set foot in his room there is another new ball in it.  I don't even know when he does this, and I think he may be "sneaking" them!




He's got all the sporty-type balls from outside.


And no matter how many times he shoots this big one...


He still gets angry when it doesn't go through the net.

He rounds up any toys that are mostly spherical, no matter how inappropriate they are as a projectile object.


Bryce went to a birthday party and came home with this little bouncy ball.  Later that night he was looking for it and I told him to check Gabe's room.  Yep.  Gabe had hoarded it right away.


These balls I mainly approve of.


I put a little stool in his room that he usually shoots from.  He makes the shot about a quarter of the time.  If he doesn't make it after 6 or 7 tries, he gets mad and moves the stool close enough to dunk it.  Then I usually move it back again.


And by the way, look at that skinny little guy!!  I told his pediatrician I was worried about him, but the doctor said even though he is low in percentile, he is still following his curve.  Where did all these tall and skinny babies come from??

No comments: