Friday, August 19, 2011

A week later...

Well, Bryce has only had one wet accident since day 2 of potty training.  But he wets in his sleep and still hasn't gotten the hang of number 2.  And that is getting old.  I had a really frustrating realization last night.  I checked on Bryce before I went to sleep and he was wet, so I had to get him up and change him and change his sheets and do that load of laundry.  Then I checked on Brynn, and SHE had wet the bed (which she NEVER does - I guess Bryce is rubbing off on her).  So I went through the whole thing again with her.  That day had been extremely strenuous for me (more on that later) and although I had been doing serious hard labor in the house all day, my work still was not done.  And the conclusion I came to was this: 

"It is SO UNFAIR that my kids can can create that much work for me IN THEIR SLEEP."  Seriously unfair.  *Exasperated sigh*

About my day yesterday:  Scorpion sighting number 3 occurred.  If I was so compelled to start obsessively cleaning like a meth addict after finding the first two in the garage, you should have seen me after finding one IN THE HOUSE.  So, no more scorpions in the house while I'm pregnant.  My poor body can't take another couple days like this.  Anyway, as always, Brynn was my cheerleader and kept an eye on the scorpion while I got my trusty frying pan.  I didn't get this one hard enough, because it fell down on the stairs and kept moving.  So I literally cut in up with a knife and threw it away.  Later, Brynn told me she was not proud of me because I didn't say a prayer when I was scared.  That was embarrassing.  So I told her we could say a prayer of thanks that we were protected.  She was ok with that and was proud of me later.  But it was the sweetest thing.  She insisted on staying next to me the whole rest of the afternoon because she said Heavenly Father had sent her to protect me. :)  Someday that story is really going to embarrass her. :)  So she sat 3 feet from me where ever I was cleaning and filled up an entire notebook of drawings (mostly rainbows and Grandma and Grandpa).

So here I am on a Friday night at 9:30 and I am struggling to stay awake and typing is the only thing I feel fit for.  But despite some small frustrations, I still love my life (*non-exasperated sigh*).  Because look at what else I got to be part of today:

Life's simple entertainment in the Johnson house


Bryce informs me that today he wants Brynn to help him with his clothes.  Brynn, feeling very honored, takes her duty seriously.
She is patient and diligent when he proceeds to run away into the closet.


"Oh Bryce, you look so cute!"

Bryce thinks this whole ordeal he has gotten himself into is over.

But, no.  He needs socks now, so he can go downstairs and dance with Brynn.

He will have none of that.  And off he goes.

Running and rolling from his poor, frustrated sister (I hear ya, Brynn - that rolling drives me nuts).

But now she has to switch his pants, because she put on a size too large for him and they keep falling down.  At least if she wants to do the job, she's going to do it right.

Of course, not if Bryce has anything to say about it.

Obviously, we are nearing a melt-down here. (That's Bryce hiding behind the chair).

This is where Mommy steps in.  But he is finally dressed and he, in Brynn's mind, "goes willingly" out to the dance floor. 


Bryce gives in and Brynn is satisfied.  And Mommy is thoroughly entertained and happy that her camera was on hand. 
I know, I know.  Such small entertainment, but those are the moments I love and don't want to forget.  There is nothing like hearing your kids laugh or play, but it's just that much more when they are laughing or playing (or even getting frustrated) together. 

4 comments:

Helen said...

We love ya Em! Pssst I have a Ben and Jerry's coupon--wanna sneak away?

Andrea Gunnell said...

I don't know if I've commented before but HI! It's fun to watch your kiddos grow up now that you've moved away:) I just had to say...my advice would be to put Bryce in diapers for bedtime if he is not staying dry at night. Both of my boys wear diapers to bed still and Caleb is five. I talked to his pediatrician about it a couple weeks ago and he said not to worry about it. He has no control over whether he wets the bed at night and it doesn't do any good to stress him out over it. He will eventually grow out of it. He also said it quite often runs in families and we have quite a family history of bed-wetting! Anyway, just thought I'd add my two cents:)

Melinda said...

Yea for dry underwear!! I think it's adorable how "Mommy-like" Brynn is.

Jessica GaleForce said...

You know Rapunzel found a frying pan to be an extremely useful weapon. Good choice imo.