Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saddest. Movie. Ever.

We went to a movie theater last night, and I haven't cried this hard at a movie for a long time. I cried during the opening sequence. I cried durning the entire last 15 or so minutes. I cried all the way out to the bathroom. Then I cried all the way out to the car, and half way to our next destination. Marty made fun of me, but Brynn actually cried during the movie too, only during a different part. To what am I referring? Toy Story 3. Any other moms cry during that? It's so sad!!! Andy grows up and goes to college!!! Again I say, I can't believe I am one of THOSE moms. I don't think I'm cut out for the emotions that come along with mommyhood. It didn't help that earlier that day I had gotten out all of Brynn's winter clothes from last year and almost none of them fit.

And the book I can't stop the waterworks for? Winnie the Pooh. Christopher Robin grows up in that one, too!

At the end of the book, Pooh wants to know if a bear could be a Knight, which of course he could be, so Christopher Robin knights Pooh with a stick and says "Rise, Sir Pooh de Bear". Pooh thanks him and sits down again, and goes off into a bit of a dream for a while.
Suddenly Christopher Robin interrupts Pooh's musings, and tells Pooh that he's not going to be doing Nothing anymore, or at least not so much, because he won't be allowed.
Christopher Robin says to Pooh that when he...you know, when he's not allowed to do Nothing anymore, he would like Pooh to come up to the enchanted place sometimes. Pooh says "Just me?", and Christopher Robin says yes, and Pooh asks Christopher Robin if he will be there with him, and Christopher Robin says that he will really.

Christopher Robin then asks Pooh to promise to never, not ever forget about him, not even when he is one hundred (and Pooh is 99). Pooh promises to never forget. Christopher Robin looks out at the world, and asks Pooh to understand, whatever happens, and Pooh asks what it is he needs to understand, and Christopher Robin says nevermind, and then Come on!, and Pooh says where to, and Christopher Robin says "Anywhere".

And the last line of the book is:

"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."

Oh all moms I've ever known, I'm so sorry I ever rolled my eyes when you got weepy!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I bawled too! I wept through the whole last part of that movie the first and second time I saw it. I also bawled through a good portion of Up. I've decided Pixar just knows how to pull my heart strings.

Reeder Family said...

Emily, I know what you are talking about. It was almost too much when Owen went to kindergarten. I haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet but I will now go armed with a box of tissues.

Unknown said...

so, I'm getting weepy just reading this. I'm so soft and sappy.

I'm glad you got to see the movie.