Saturday, December 12, 2009

Nevermind...

Forget about the whole "I hope Bryce waits until after Christmas to crawl" thing I said a couple of days ago.


And last night I had one of those wretched mommy hours that I have found myself laughing about all day today. I got Bryce a big bowl of rice cereal, gave him two bites, and Brynn had a potty emergency...which I didn't get to in time so it turned into more of an accident.

While I'm cleaning up upstairs and trying in vain to get her to finish up, I think to myself, "Hm, Bryce sure has been happy in the high chair all by himself. Especially since he was so hungry and I only gave him a couple bites. And he hates the high chair...," and so on. So I ran downstairs to find that I had rushed to Brynn so quickly that I stupidly left a full bowl of rice cereal right there for him to play with.


I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry. I had just spent the last 45 minutes bathing them and getting them all dressed cute and Christmas-y for the ward Christmas party, which was starting in just a few minutes. Plus I had no help from Marty, because he had gone to the party early since he was playing the part of a certain jolly Christmas-time figure. So I ran Bryce upstairs with a new bowl of food and fed him in the bath to avoid another disaster. Because technically I hadn't finished up with Brynn's mess that started this whole thing (gross, I know).


So if any moms are reading this, you know what happened next. He proved me wrong about my brilliant plan to eliminate another mess and pooped in the bath. So I scooped him up out of his bathtub, took him to mine, and gave him his third bath in an hour. By this time, the party had started and we were back to square one. Actually it was more like square negative 100, considering my two undressed children, messes all over the entire house that really shouldn't wait to be cleaned, my toddler beating on her brother for attention while I was trying to put myself back together.

We went to Burger King instead. And I took the long way, because that's the only way I could think to strap them both down for a half hour without getting in trouble with the CPS.


3 comments:

amberdp21 said...

glad to see things are going so well for you guys! :)
And I must say, those days are SUCH a "shut yourself in your room and cry at the end of the night" days eh? Or maybe that's just me :)
Hopefully you got to the party? and that Marty wasn't TOO worried about you :)

Kachelle said...

don't hate me for laughing so hard!!! that's too funny.

Jenn C. said...

I have had many days like this! Sounds like you handled it perfectly!