Monday, December 21, 2009

Goodbye Two

(Warning: Excessive Blubbering)


Tomorrow my little sweetie is turning three. I think I am almost more excited for her birthday than I am for Christmas. For three years now she has been my little buddy - loving and patient, especially these last few months as she's been dethroned by a somewhat attention-hogging little brother and had that poor little broken ankle. I'm really excited to devote a whole day to her tomorrow to tell her how much I love her and how much I appreciate her. We have done everything together and enjoyed every minute of it.


Well...maybe not the temper tantrums and the potty training. When I first found out I was expecting her I think I immediately started worrying about taking care of a two-year-old. I really hadn't been around kids all that much and it seemed like all I heard about two was that it was a nightmare. Now I know I've kind of gotten off easy with Brynn. She is calm and sweet and tries so hard to be good. But even with the horrible potty training experiences and exhausting tantrums, I have LOOOOOVED having a two-year-old! She is constant entertainment, constant laughs, and constant snuggles.


I am really going to miss having a two-year-old. I know I'll have others, but Brynn will never be two again. However, I am totally determined take my very wise friend Jana's counsel and "not spend time wishing she was older or younger, but just loving the phase that she is in right now."



Anyway, enough blubbering. Here is the sweetheart in action right now. On Wednesday Bryce was really sick with a high fever. I don't know what it was, just something that was going around I guess. But Brynn took such good care of her little brother! These are some of my new favorite mommy moments.


She spent a lot of the day making sure he had his binky,

and holding his hand,
And snuggling him to sleep. Awwwwwwe!I let her snuggle because I figured she would definitely come down with it, might as well get it over with. But amazingly, she is still totally healthy!



2 comments:

Helen said...

Awwww she's a good big sister. And I am an expert on good big sisters! Love you all.

Jenn C. said...

Those pictures are so precious! I cannot believe that she and Jakey are 3!!! Where did the years go?