Sunday, January 27, 2008

Life with Marty

Life's great when you're married to Marty!

Yesterday we were cleaning out the outside storage area. We couldn't wait to get done with that so we could go do something FUN (both of us are very motivated by fun) but we couldn't decide what we wanted to do. Well, Marty ran across our tent in storage and decided that since it was kind of late in the day to find somewhere to camp, we should just pitch the tent in our living room. Naturally. After some tricky furniture-maneuvering, we finally managed to make it fit.


Ya, it pretty much took up our whole downstairs.



Brynn had a blast pushing her dolly around in it.


Then we had a BBQ for dinner and roasted marshmallows for s'mores for dessert! Brynn loved that, too. I heard it's really good parenting to give your kids s'mores when it's already past their bedtime.

And P.S. to all of my Utah and Alaska loved ones: I just wanted to make sure you read this correctly - I said a BBQ in JANUARY. Tee hee hee

We even blew up the air mattress so that we could play games in it all night long. Well, we're not 22 anymore, so we only lasted til about 11:00. :) And the too-small-for-both-of-us air mattress definitely wasn't the best rest I've ever had in my life, but totally worth it!

I am so grateful to be married to such a fun and energetic man, and I know Brynn and our future children are so lucky to have him for a dad. I think one of the most frequent questions I've had since I've been married is, "What's your birth date?" (That's after I tell someone that my name is Emily Johnson and they realize that there are 47 other Emily Johnsons in the database.) But the OTHER most frequent question is, "Is Marty really like that?" And the answer is yes! He is the most positive person I have ever met. Thanks for such a fun weekend, Marty! I love you!

3 comments:

AmbertheGreat said...

That sounds like so much fun! I might have to try that with Jake and Jared :)

Logan & Lindy said...

Ok seriously that sounds like SOO much fun. They make for the funnest memorys!!! Bryns got some COOL parents!!!

Also I heard Brooklyn taught Brynn some teasing tricks!!! I cant believe how fast they pick things up!!! Smart girls!!!

Jana said...

You guys are so CUTE and fun!! I remember you said something about setting up the tent in there, but I didn't put it together and realize you'd had such a PARTY! It definitely is good parenting to give kids s'mores after bedtime. I WANT SOME S'MORES!!!