Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Love You, President Hinckley!


President Gordon B. Hinckley
1910-2008
Whoa, I was totally unprepared for this. For some reason I guess I just thought he would be our prophet forever. I remember somewhat President Benson and President Hunter, but I was a little less...attentive back in 4th grade, so President Hinckley is like, MY prophet!
Here are some of my favorite quotes by President Hinckley:
"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us,...if we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
"You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for you presence. And the good that is in you must be spread to others....
"But in this world so filled with problems, so constantly threatened by dark and evil challenges, you can and must rise above mediocrity, above indifference. You can become involved and speak with a strong voice for that which is right" ("Stand Up for Truth," in Brigham Young University 1996-1997 Speeches [Provo: Brigham Young University Press, 1997], 22).

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love that you posted this so quickly! I am going to follow suit. I feel the same way as you do... He was "my prophet."
Love you,
Kelly, Christy & the twins

Unknown said...

I love this post- I did a tribute on my blog too- but I like all the quotes you included! That is awesome! I love President Hinckley!