Thursday, January 30, 2014

basic phone pics 4

I'm sensing a pattern in all of these "a day in the life of..." pictures.  I'm perceiving more and more the things that I love the most.  Obviously, my kids.  But more specifically; being outside with them, watching them in their baths (no surprise there, naked baby behinds have always been my favorite!), rainy days, sleeping babies, and riding bikes.  So here we go with the pictures.  They may seem irrelevant because they are so similar to the ones that always seem to come up on my phone, but that's why I love them.

Camille is all over the place, so I thought the days of letting her lay around on a blanket outside were over.  But just recently she discovered how much she actually hates having grass in her mouth.  And I recently discovered she stays on the blanket a lot better when she is in a onesie, as she also doesn't care for the feel of grass on her bare legs.



I had a non-negotiable neighbor-gift delivery set in stone on my calendar the Saturday before Christmas.  Instead, I brought Marty home from the hospital and frantically tied up all the loose ends there and with Brynn's birthday.  So instead, our neighbors got "Happy New Year" gifts in the form of muffin mixes.  C'est la vie.

Rain.  And subsequent smiles.  Not much else to say about it.



Sleeping babies.  Again, what more can I say?



If the bubbles strategically place themselves, it's a sign.  You've gotta take a picture.


Water fight on a warm day in the middle of December, anyone?  Don't mind if I do!


I'm racking my brain, but I don't know where or why I took this.  Well, I do know why.  Do you see that smile?

I actually kind of hate this picture of clam chowder.  My mom makes the best clam chowder and it's so comforting to me.  I was making clam chowder the night Marty called me on the way home from work to tell me how sick he was.  He even considered having me pick him up from work.  And then the next morning we took him to the hospital.  The clam chowder was way more work and mess than it was worth, especially considering the fact that not a person in my family ate it that night (including me).  But this picture proves  that at least I made it.  (My mom's is so much better.)

Sleeping peacefully at the hospital after spending a fair amount of time walking the halls.  She wasn't a fan of the hospital room.  Mostly she's a fan of our house.


More sleeping babies.  See what I mean about recurring themes in my phone pics?  I brought her home from church, made a bottle, and found this about 30 seconds later.

The second week of our Christmas break, my parents were gone and Marty went back to work, even though he was still recovering.  I was feeling disappointed that we hadn't gone out to do anything fun that week with all the kids at home, so on the spur of the moment we all took off for the Arizona Museum of Natural History.  It is so kid friendly, and there is a big "flash flood" that happens at the dinosaur exhibit every half hour-ish.  I couldn't believe how afraid the boys were at that display!
I don't think I've been to this place since Brynn was a baby, and I have no idea why!  Next time I will not wait so long.  It was one of those rare days where we got the best parking spot, the kids were so well-behaved, no diaper blow-outs or fussy babies, beautiful weather.  And In-N-Out for lunch!  That day was just what we all needed!
These two love each other so much.  They really are best friends.

I have no words.





Here is Camille having lots of fun with her reflection in the glass.


We keep this big brown table behind the couch in the loft and pull it out often for stuff like this.  Hours of fun.



Bryce's swim goggles almost fit him.


Bryce is such a deep sleeper.  Sometimes the babies can get him to wake up from his naps, but not this day.
They snuggled/mauled/clawed/bounced/climbed on him for such a long time, and no luck.

January in Arizona is so divine.

There has to be a reason I took this picture.  Hm.  Looks like there is some sort of scuffle on the left, and on the right it appears Camille has strewn diapers around and is ready to chew on that dirty one.  Just a day in the life, I guess.


Kicking my feet up, snuggling Camille before her nap.  What am I going to do when we are done with babies?  (Stop panicking, Johnson.)

So there are a few bugs to be worked out here, but freezing our green smoothies in advance totally worked!

The bikes have been the perfect solution to my "broken" feet.  I find going on walks with the kids tedious and painful, and it's hard to get much done after I get home and need to give the old sesamoids a break.  Plus I like being able to cover more ground on the bikes.  I wish I was the type of person (my SIL is like this) that can find beauty anywhere.  But forgive me when I say our complex and much of the AZ landscape in general is ugly.  It makes me feel better to at least get out of the community and out around the fields, and that would never happen in a stroller.  Lately we like to go to the "end of the road" in our community. The kids find that place mysterious and it's a good, concrete goal for them.  See Camille nestled up against Gabe?  She always does that!!!  



The text for this picture that was sent to my mom was something about selling Gabe on Craig's List (and even including ear-plugs and 20 bucks).  He screamed non-stop all day.  We later found out he had a double ear-infection, so I took down the listing (commence guilt-trip).
The pink on the walls is shaving cream I had drawn in the shape of footballs and the like, and not even that could quiet him.

And this text was something like, "You want the younger baby, you say?  Not a chance."  (Commence bigger guilt trip.)

She is now often standing when I go in to get her from her crib.  Stop getting older, Millie!

Bryce was outside chipping away at his dinosaur excavation kit and didn't want to get his nice sweater dirty, of course.  But my favorite part was Gabe stealing the show when I asked Bryce to say cheese!

One of the most severe smoothie mustaches to date.  It deserved a picture.  You can't coach a smoothie-mustache like that.



No comments: