Friday, February 17, 2012

Chandler Train Museum

We recently discovered the Chandler Train Museum.  It was basically the thrill of the life time for our little ferroequinologist.  It's funny how much two-year-old can pick up on.  He was pointing out the caboose, freight car, coal car, boiler, engine, electric train...and a bunch of other things I can't remember off the top of my head.  It was pretty adorable.


Rockin the mai thai.  I have hardly used it this time around because Gabe is so ok with being put down when I need to get something done (as opposed to Bryce, who lived in this thing)/



These are a bunch of cars you can walk through on the Santa Fe train.  The picture right below me is hard to even look at.  It was this long, skinny hallway and I got about ten steps down the hall and starting having a panic attack.  I seriously started shoving Marty and the kids backwards saying "I gotta get outta heeere!"  Yep, claustrophobia.  Don't worry, it only took me two more tries to take a deep breath and venture in. :)





"What'll it be, little lady?


Dead to the world.  Which I am just fine with considering what a germophobe I've been having a newborn in the winter.  I liked having him nestled safely inside without ever even having to touch him. :)

My angel.  Have I ever mentioned how much I love having a little girl?  One of my favorite movies is "White Christmas," an old Bing Crosby musical from the fifties.  Well, during quiet time one day in December I popped some popcorn and we watched it together, thinking she'd get pretty bored.  But she loved it!  She asked me several times, "Hey, can we watch your favorite Christmas movie again today?"  Which made me so happy.  We would ooh and ahh over the pretty dresses and she wanted to sing "Sisters" together all the time.  ANYWAY, she sat down, pointed at this picture, and said, "Hey!  This is just like the "Snow" song from your favorite Christmas movie!"  And it does look just like the club car on White Christmas.  So we sat down and started singing it together.  It was pretty fun. :)













Here he driving the train: "All a-BOARRRRD.........the Polar Eckpress!"


Marty caught me lovin' on Baby.  Which isn't hard to do, I suppose, considering it's what I do with most of my time these days.


Up on the freight car:  "Ok Dad, I'll be Rapunzel, and Bryce will be Flynn, and you'll be Mover Goffel and climb up my hair!"





This was a cooool train....








We actually got to ring the bell...





Let me explain this picture:  The museum is only open from 12-4.  You got it - right during nap time.

If you've ever seem Thomas's Misty Island Rescue, you'll understand why Bryce was so exited to see the jobi logs.  He's usually using pencils or something as jobi wood and putting them down on his toy train tracks to block the tracks.  Thank heavens for tractor, who always comes to the rescue!
A gooooood afternoon.

No comments: