Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Letter to Arizona #3

Dear Arizona,

You are victorious.  You have crushed my resolve.  I withstood the heat to the best of my abilities during June and July, but August has offically kicked my trash.  I'm inclined to blame the pregnancy.  But, no matter.  I have a secret weapon - he is my knight in shining armor.  He got me out of the valley and took me on an over-nighter in nice, cool, Snowflake, AZ, where we took walks in the cool night air and ate breakfast on the patio in the morning and I almost (almost) got a little chilly.  So....in your FACE, AZ summer.

Sincerely,

Emily

3 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Hahah this made me giggle I am feeling the same way sadly :( no over-nighhter yet to save me. :)

Jana said...

Ah, BUT! Today was a little treat, was it not? A little hint that PERHAPS we will not die of heat before it cools off a little?
Um, also, we need to go somewhere soon, like meet at the nice cool mall or some such because my chillens like to leave the house.

Grandpa and Grandma Oldham said...

Hang in there Em... In less than a month you can spend a few days in "Beautiful October in Utah" A-h-h!!
(We'll try to order some good weather for you here.)