Monday, November 2, 2009

A little neglectful

I've forgotten to post a couple of updates on my family, so here are just a few things.

Marty really wanted me to post this. It is a video taken at the airport right after I got back from Alaska. It was a happy reunion for all of us, but especially for Brynn and Bryce. I had no idea how much these two would miss each other.

Also, Brynn got her cast off! Marty was the one who took her to the appointment which was a little bit disastrous, but I had the scary experience of getting a cast removed as a kid so that's pretty much what we were expecting. What we weren't expecting was the big barrette that Brynn had shoved down her cast and her skin started to grow around. Yeah, I was really happy to miss that one. But she's doing great!

Bryce is 6 months old! He is slimming down a little with his weight in the 70th percentile and his height in the 80th. And he is now officially bigger than Brynn was at one year.

He started solid foods, too! We started him on squash, and of course being part Oldham he LOVED it! Not so fond of peas though. Here's a video I took this morning.

And speaking of squash, I didn't forget! I will be sure to get my annual squash post with new recipes up here soon. I know you just can't wait, Jana. :)

4 comments:

taylorfamily said...

It's so nice to see you guys are doing good. Brynn is so adorable.

Jana said...

LOL! 1. They are SO CUTE loving each other SO MUCH at their reunion!!! 2. Skin growing AROUND a barette? What the what? 3. No joke, I had this thought process just this morning: hmm, too bad I don't like more veggies. Like squash. Lots of people eat squash but I don't. Emily is a squash freak. Hey, isn't it squash season? She must be eating tons of it. Maybe she'll write about it on her blog. FOR REAL I thought that stuff!!! hahahaha! 4. I'm so glad Bryce is "slimming down" to the 70th percentile. That's hilarious. You must be so buff from holding him all the time.

Rachel said...

Mmmm. Squash. We have had plenty of that lately. Maybe Bryce should try butternut squash. That is by far the favorite in our house :)

Kachelle said...

What did she break? I totally understand about the cast removal. i have a scar from getting mine removed when i was 5. they cut my arm open too. fun. glad you're doing so well. we miss you here!