Friday, October 9, 2009

Johnson Family Retreat 2009

We are starting a tradition to have a yearly "family retreat" camping. Have family devotionals, family testimony meetings, play lots of games, etc. Marty and I really like to camp but haven't had much luck in Arizona. Usually we go to the same couple of spots that the rest of the valley goes to. Hence, we end up five feet away from a bunch of loud, drunk people. But we finally found a great spot! It's just outside of globe and it is in REAL mountains with REAL pine and it is REALLY cold which felt GREAT! It's free and our campsite was really secluded. Our air mattress deflated and I am a big wimp when it comes to the hard ground, so I spent most of the night being kicked off of Brynn's mattress. But since I wasn't counting on any sleep anyway, I would call it our first Arizona camping success!




There's just something about singing around a campfire.

Even Bryce loved the chill in the air.
Brynn and Daddy on the BIG rock. She is always asking to go outside and play on "the big rock" which is a little boulder in our front yard. So yeah, she was pretty excited to play on this big rock with Daddy.


Our little camp. Actually, our big and blissfully secluded camp.



We went on a drive to see real mountains.

My mountain man!

Bryce enjoying the scenery.


"Ahhh, the great outdoors."

And in case you are wondering how Brynn managed camping with a cast, this is how. One of my big, thick socks over it, plus her little boot. And her crazy pants from J&H that amazingly fit over the cast.


3 comments:

Jenn C. said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. What a great tradition!

Helen said...

I love that she is still rockin' the crazypants. Looks like a beautiful campsite.

AmbertheGreat said...

that looks like a lot of fun...I want to go camping but then I think of how much work it takes to get two kids and a husband ready and I am tired before we have left! How far away is this place from your house?